Honor your service in a variety of AFSCs, in northern tier and remote bases while making the nuclear deterrance mission of Strategic Air Command reality. From Atlas to Peacekeeper, all the nomenclatures of missiles were possible because of YOU. Without the incredible work of the expert maintainers, we operators could do a blessed thing!
Ornament measures a minimum 2.5 to 3 inch diameter X 3/16 inch thick.
I individually hand turn each ornament on my lathe, featuring Bradford Pear I obtain from around Robins AFB here in GA. I like the Pearwood because it is really tight grained and takes laser engraving exceptionally well.
Customize for your personal history. Select your badge, then use the TEXT BOX to the right to tell me specifically what you want for customized info. You may have your rank and name, just name, no name, inclusive dates (YEARS) of your missile service, and unit, wing and base. If you have any questions after you order, I will certainly draw it up on Corel Draw and send you a concept image. I need to get it right.
I am not font or size constrained, but will draw a template for each order and size the badge and text for the best look. If needed, I will communicate with you to discuss.
Each ornament is provided with an ID card that identifies the badge and wood type.
THE PROCESS START TO FINISH:
- Find the wood.
- Mill the wood (rough)
- Season the wood (6 to 12 months to airdry)
- Flatten one surface of @3" square blank on power sander to mount on lathe
- Free hand turn each ornament
- Finish with Danish Oil
- In Corel Draw, build customized template based on customer input
- Set up Epilogue laser and engrave
- Clean smoke, resin and burn marks from engraving
- Drill pilot hole for screw eye, then insert the screweye
- Measure hanging cord length, cut then tie together and done